Dental check up
Welcome to our practice. Your welcome visit
will involve a thorough dental examination.
During this visit the doctor will carefully examine
1. Your temporomandibular joints
2. Your periodontal tissues.
3. Check for endodontic vitality.
4. You will have an oral cancer screening.
5. All prior dental work will be thoroughly checked.
6. Digital x-rays will be taken.
7. You will receive an ultra sonic cleaning followed by polishing your teeth. After the cleaning the doctor will review your x-rays with you. No second consultation appointment is needed.
8. The doctor will review all findings with you during this visit. If any treatment is required, the doctor will discuss your options with you. There are always options and there is always time for questions.
The cost of welcome examination, x-rays and cleaning is $250. Take home a complimentary oral hygiene kit.
Tooth Colored Fillings
Composite filings that look natural.
Many patients are choosing tooth colored “bonded” fillings as an alternative to traditional amalgam “silver” filling material. Bonding restores your tooth to it’s natural color, shape, and anatomy providing a virtually undetectable restoration. No one except you and your dentist will know you ever had a cavity.
Filling in the gaps between teeth, making crooked teeth appear straight or eliminating brown spots are a few uses of cosmetic bonding. A tooth colored material is used to reshape your teeth in just one appointment.
Stop grinding or clenching at night
Clenching or grinding your teeth while you sleep will cause irreversible damage to your teeth.
Some patients may also experience headaches, ear or jaw pain and difficultly opening or chewing. Our doctors can make you a clear and comfortable night guard which can easily correct this problem.
The treatment involves two easy visits and a follow-up consultation to check your progress.
1. During your diagnostic visit, your dentist will take impressions of your teeth. For your comfort a fast set impression material is used. From these impressions your dentist will direct the laboratory to make clear comfortable night guard. The guard can be made for the upper or lower teeth.
2. During your second visit, usually one week later, your dentist will fit your custom night guard to your mouth. Your dentist may or may not dispense a muscle relaxant. Instructions on how to use your night guard will be thoroughly reviewed. Your dentist will demonstrate exactly how to use the night guard safely and how to clean and care for your appliance. There will be ample time to answer all questions.
3. During your third visit, usually two days later, the dentist will thoroughly check your progress. This will insure optimal results.
Gingivitis and bleeding gums
Periodontal disease is a major cause of tooth loss in adults
Early and moderate periodontal disease may exhibit few, if any, symptoms. However, warning signs of advanced periodontal disease may include red, swollen, or bleeding gums; persistent bad breath; permanent teeth that are loose or separating; or changes in the way your teeth fit together when you bite.
There are many stages and forms of periodontal disease, including:
Moderate Periodontal Disease
Severe Periodontal Disease
Scaling and rootplaning can be completed using Oraquix, a non injectable local anesthetic. Your gums will be numb for about 30 minutes so the doctor can perform the treatment. There are no injections or lasting numbness. Cases of severe periodontal disease may require surgery.